If you are an organization located in East King County and are looking for practical advice as you start or develop your business, we are here to help!
We offer no-cost, one-on-one advising with East King County’s WSBDC small business advisor.
Are you an East King County small business owner with questions about your operations, reaching your long-term goals, how to achieve profitability, or are you navigating unforeseen challenges?
Our SBDC East King County advisor can help you with:
- 1:1 support in updating business plans needed to qualify for financial assistance
- 1:1 support to review competitive and market analysis to maximize relocation opportunity
- Access to state network of business advisors, state resources, and SBA partners to answer questions regarding leases, customer & employee retention, and business continuity
Contact: Make an appointment with Shawn Palmer, business advisor at the Washington Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at OneRedmond by contacting him directly at (phone) 425-885-4014, option #3, or ShawnP@OneEastside.org.
Small Business Mentoring with SCORE
Easily request a SCORE mentor to help you start, grow, or transition your business. Just enter your zip code, and your local SCORE chapter will pair you with the right mentor to help your small business thrive.
- Provide expertise & practical “know-how”
- Help you optimize your business plans
- Troubleshoot new strategies & ideas
- Offer you proven business tools
- Become your trusted small business advisor
SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals. Since 1964, we have provided education and mentorship to more than 11 million entrepreneurs.
SCORE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Thanks to this generous support from the SBA and because of the contributions of our more than 10,000 dedicated volunteers, we are able to deliver most of our offerings at no cost.
Need to talk with a CPA?
The accounting advising program ended May 31, 2022.
OneEastside SPARK is sponsoring accounting advising services for East King County small businesses and non-profits to help them navigate COVID-19 relief options. SPARK is sponsoring up to two hours per company.
The tax advising program ended April 29, 2022.
OneEastside SPARK is sponsoring calls with a tax advisor (one 50 minute call per company, plus a 20-minute follow up call or email). We are offering advising in English and Spanish, and can offer interpretation in Korean and Vietnamese.
- Answer specific tax related questions
- Identify areas of noncompliance
- Evaluation of the business and identify potential areas for saving money
- Identify mistakes, missed opportunities, and tax planning strategies
- Provide helpful handouts and worksheets
We ask that businesses meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Employ no more than 10 people
- Businesses must be located in East King County. To view a list of cities covered by this program click here
We are sponsoring this service until April 29, 2022. NOTE: does not include tax filing or tax preparation.
Support with the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program in Korean 한국어 and Arabic عربي
The pilot program ended January 14, 2022.
OneEastside SPARK is partnering with several community organizations to provide in-language support for organizations with questions about the EIDL program and application. We will be offering in-language support in Arabic and Korean.
اذا كنت تحتاج الى دعم باللغة العربية للتقديم على قروض مواجهة كوارث الاضرار الاقتصادية الناجمة من كوفيد (EIDL) فتواصل مع محمد عكموش على الايميل: email@example.com
او اتصل على الرقم
Need help or have questions about EIDL in Arabic? Contact Mohammed Akmoosh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-487-9704.