- This event has passed.
Financial Basics for New Small Businesses
August 5 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$50
This is an online eventGo To Event
Event Organizer: SCORE
Register Link: https://score.tfaforms.net/17?EventID=a105a000005rYL0&origination=https%253A//seattle.score.org/event/financial-basics-new-small-businesses-852022&_gl=1*kalrd8*_ga*MTM0NzUyMDI0My4xNjU3MjI3Njgw*_ga_JDKRHEG2B3*MTY1OTQ5MzIyMS40LjEuMTY1OTQ5MzQwMi4w&_ga=2.226976605.1362067415.1659493222-1347520243.1657227680
This workshop is designed to give you, the business owner, the financial skills and know-how needed to perform key tasks like to determine how to accurately compute the amount of funding you’ll need to start your business. You will also learn how to project your future financial results realistically including:
· Projecting sales for a new business
· Understanding your cost of goods sold and gross margin
· Being able to project your operating expenses
· Calculating your net income.
· Planning your cash flow successfully.
This workshop includes a special section on creating financial statements for service businesses.
Proper management of finances is crucial to any business’s success and a special set of skills is needed to understand and create these critical financial statements. This workshop is suitable for everyone whether you are starting a new business or need to update your skills.
This is an interactive workshop. We encourage participation by all attendees — so bring along your questions!
Listen to what others who have attended this workshop have to say about the instructors and the program:
· Really helped me understand the projection of fixed and variable costs and how to make a cash flow statement.
· The workshop examples are easy to understand and the financial templates provided are immensely valuable.
· Now I know what mistakes I’m am making in my business and how to fix them.
· I appreciated that they had financial examples for service-based businesses.
· This workshop far exceeded my expectations on what I thought I would learn.