• Topic

  • I Am A

  • Community Type

  • Industries

  • Cities

Hazardous Waste Management Program

King County’s Hazardous Waste Management Program offers a voucher incentive program for eligible businesses to purchase PPE and make other improvements. Eligible businesses can receive up to $599 cash back for these improvements.
Find PPE

Heart of Bellevue

Bellevue is a diverse, growing city with a community that—now more than ever—is striving to support its own. In the last year, we’ve seen more than ever how the collaboration, compassion, and shared wisdom from the "people behind the place" matters. The strength of our human connections will continue to inspire the work of the BDA – it truly is what sets Downtown Bellevue apart. This campaign is designed to connect and promote local businesses while building vibrancy in Downtown Bellevue. We’re sharing stories of activity, creativity and recovery to bring vitality back to our urban core. Read more about the campaign here.


It's easy and free to participate. Simply tell us what you’ve been up, display your support, and learn more about the campaign HERE: https://www.bellevuedowntown.com/heart-of-bellevue/contact-form.
No-Cost Marketing

Housing Equity Accelerator

The Housing Equity Accelerator will provide mentorship and a capacity-building curriculum for developers of color, as well as pre-development grant funding for upfront project costs for deals the developers are actively working on. The Housing Equity Accelerator is open to for-profit developers of color with a demonstrated commitment to affordable and workforce housing. The selected developers or “fellows” will have access to a broad network of established real estate professionals. The fellows will participate in training sessions on a range of topics, from project feasibility to joint venture partnerships, and have one-on-one sessions with mentors to tackle specific project barriers.
Funding Opportunities
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)

King County Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance Program

With $145 million in funding from the Federal Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), this program will help King County residents by:
  • Paying past, current, and future rent
  • Targeting resources to people in need
The Tenant Pool is now open for individuals or households needing rental assistance. Apply today! If you need language assistance, please contact: 206-477-1331. FOR TENANTS FOR LANDLORDS
Rent and Lease Advice

King County Office of Emergency Management

Public Health - Seattle & King County and the King County Office of Emergency Management can provide support to medical and care facilities, congregate settings, and other organizations in need of these critical supplies.
Find PPE

Legal Services

Apply to work one-on-one with an attorney. Attorneys will answer questions and provide legal advice on business law needs. Types of Legal Issues We Assist Small Business Owners With:
  • Business Entity Formation – LLC/PLLC, Sole Proprietor, Partnership, C-Corporation, Social Purpose Corporation
  • Drafting Agreements: Shareholder Agreements, Operating Agreements.
  • Advice on Corporate Governance
  • Maintenance and Compliance with State and Federal Law
  • Taxes – Advice regarding federal, state, and local taxes.
  • Contracts – Drafting and advising on business contracts.
  • Employment – Preparing, reviewing and revising personnel policies, independent contractor agreements, vendor agreements, employment contracts, and confidentiality agreements.
  • Real Estate – drafting or reviewing property leases and purchase and sale agreements.
  • Intellectual Property
  • Risk and Liability Assessment – Assistance on risk and liability assessment including waiver and release forms, and advice on insurance coverage.
What We Do Not Do:
  • Litigation Matters – Do not provide assistance on litigation matters or with hearings.
  • Conflicts/Embezzlement – Do not assist with situations of conflict between board members/staff, or embezzlement.
  • Individual Claims against Nonprofits – Do not provide assistance to individuals with their pursuit of claims against nonprofit and community organizations.
  • Ongoing Legal Assistance – Unable to help find an attorney to serve on a nonprofit’s board, or have an attorney be on-call or serve as General Counsel.
  • Legal Advice Over the Phone
Eligibility Following our vision for a more equitable Washington we are proud to offer two avenues of assistance for low income small business owners; our clinics and our full representation services. To be eligible for free legal services through our clinics or full representation, all business owners must demonstrate the following:
  • The business is registered in Washington state;
  • Is unable to pay for legal fees without significant impairment to operations;
  • Owner(s) household income is below 80% of the King County HUD guidelines; (all owners must qualify if more than one)
  • Seeks legal assistance on a business or organizational matter

If you are interested in applying for these services or have any questions, please reach out to contact@communities-rise.org.

Access 1-1 Advising