Seattle Business Education Hub
Seattle Business Education Hub is a business development and resource center (located in Bellevue) whose mission is focused on assisting women, minorities, veterans and other business owners in the startup or growth stage with financial literacy training and small business education. No cost, one-on-one advising is available to organizations located in the City of Bellevue.
Seattle’s Muslim Directory
A comprehensive directory of businesses including:
- Halal Markets
Enter your complete business name for when people who know your business by name and are looking you up here: https://muslimwa.com/submit-listing.
Shop Local Kirkland
Eligible Entities: Kirkland-based businesses and non-profits
Register your business here https://www.shoplocalkirkland.com/register-business
Small Business Flex Fund
The Small Business Flex Fund was created to provide access to growth capital for smaller, local businesses and nonprofits in Washington state that need it most.
- Flexible working capital loans
- 3%-4.5% interest rates
- No fees. Interest-only payments for first year
- 60- or 72-month repayment timelines
- Borrow up to $150,000 and the money can be spent flexibly, including on payroll, utilities & rent, supplies, marketing & advertising, building improvements or repairs, and other business expenses
- More information here
- Nonprofits as well as small businesses are eligible
- Fewer than 50 employees
- Annual revenues of less than $3 million
- Experienced direct economic hardship due to COVID-19
Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs are competitive programs that encourage domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) with the potential for commercialization.
- Different participating agencies fund different sectors and technology areas, so a first step is to see which agency or agencies fund projects relevant to you. Agencies also differ in how narrow or broadly they define their topic areas. Current Topics - Search technology topic areas that agencies are interested in funding right now.
- Don't be discouraged if you don't pull up a topic that matches your interests - new topics are published periodically. You can search past topics of interest as well as what projects agencies have funded before.