Week of November 21, 2022
- 11/23/2022 We are thankful for our partners & community. While the work continues, we’d like to recognize how we have all supported our communities. Together we made a difference…thank you! OneEastside SPARK short video
Week of November 14, 2022
- November 17, 2022 Working WA Grants 5 Help Sessions – limited number of spots available!
- November 15, 2022 COVID Safety Support for Large Organizations – grant application deadline: December 8, 2022
Week of November 7, 2022
- November 10, 2022 Working WA Grants Round 5 In-Person Help Sessions – get help with your UEI and more. Spots are limited!
- November 7, 2022 Eastside Nonprofit Connect – join us for this in-person meeting, Dec. 8!
Week of October 31, 2022
- October 31, 2022 Entrepreneurs’ Roadmap Series: Small Business Financing – Nov. 10th
Week of October 24, 2022
- October 26, 2022 WSMA Microenterprise Support Grants – apply by 5 PM on Nov. 9!
Week of October 17, 2022
- October 17, 2022 Stacy’s Rise Project Grant supports women entrepreneurs in the food, beverage & consumer packaged goods space. Apply by Oct. 21!
Week of October 10, 2022
- October 13, 2022 WW5 update: due to the number of applications received, the process of notifying applicants has been postponed from early October to end of October. More info here
- October 12, 2022 Comcast RISE Investment Fund – reminder to apply by Sunday, Oct. 16
Week of October 3, 2022
- 10/4/2022 Eastside Virtual Job Fair is Nov. 10! Employers in Issaquah, Kirkland, Bellevue, Redmond & Renton – booths are limited
- 10/3/2022 Comcast RISE is offering $10k grants to 100 eligible small businesses in the Seattle region (King and Pierce counties). Learn more at our upcoming webinar – Oct. 5!
Week of September 26, 2022
- 9/29/2022 Eastside Job Fair is on Nov. 10.-Employer booths are limited, sign up today!
- 9/28/2022 WW5 Resource Hub Still need help with your Unique Entity Identifier (UEI)? Reminder to check out our resource hub!
- 9/26/2022 Comcast RISE announced $5M in additional grants to help strengthen small businesses owned by women and people of color. Application window opens Oct. 3
Week of September 19, 2022
- 9/22/2022 WA COVID-19 Immigrant Relief Fund – apply by Nov. 14, 2022
- 9/20/2022 Amazon Small Business Grants – apply by Sept. 30
- 9/19/2022 Behavioral Health System of Care Grant – apply by 4pm, Oct. 14
Week of September 12, 2022
- 9/14/2022 Employee Benefits Insights for 2023 – join us on Thurs., 9/29!
Week of September 6, 2022
- 9/7/2022 WW5 Webinar: UEI Next Steps – is your UEI pending? Join us on Sept. 13
Week of August 29, 2022
- 8/31/22 FedEx Entrepreneur Fund: $10K grants for military-connected small business owners or entrepreneurs with disabilities. Apply by Oct. 7
Week of August 22, 2022
- 8/25/2022 Small Business Growth Fund is now accepting applications! Each recipient will receive a $5,000 grant from Mastercard. Learn more
- 8/22/2022 Sign up for a WW5 in-person, group help session! A limited number of spots are still open
Week of August 15, 2022
- 8/17/2022 Working Washington Grants Round 5 are now open! Apply by 5pm, Sept. 9
- 8/16/2022 Sign up for an in-person help session to apply for the WW5 grant! Sessions start 8/22 and spots are limited
- 8/15/22 Working Washington Grants Round 5 (ww5) applications now available in 15 languages: https://www.submittable.com/help/workingwashingtongrant/ (see tab named “questions about the program”)
Week of August 8, 2022
- 8/11/2022 PDFs of the WW5 grant application are now available (English only)! NOTE: the application portal does not open until 8/17
Week of August 1, 2022
- 8/3/2022 Visit our Working Washington 5 Grants Resource Hub – including options for getting support with questions
- 8/1/2022 Convention Center Grants for WA state small businesses opens Aug. 17. Learn more at our webinar this Thursday!
Week of July 25, 2022
- 7/29/2022 Working Washington Grants Round 5 – application deadline has been extended to September 9, 2022
- 7/25/2022 Preparing to Apply for WW5 Grants (including UEI walk through)- join us for this webinar on Aug. 4th!
Week of July 18, 2022
- 7/21/2022 Kirkland’s Tourism Grant Program for 2023 closes at 5pm, Aug. 8th!
- 7/18/2022 Save the date for our upcoming webinar! Everything You Need to Know About Working Washington Grants Round 5 – August 18th!
Week of July 11, 2022
- 7/14/2022 Youth Futures Fund – grant funding for young Black climate leaders is open! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis
- 7/12/2022 Working Washington Grant Round 5 opens August 17th, 2022
Week of July 4, 2022
- 7/6/2022 DCYF Child Care Stabilization Grant – application deadline has been extended to Sept. 30th!
- 7/5/2022 Meta Boost is on July 12th! Get support and training on Facebook & Instagram tools to help grow your business
- 7/4/2022 DCYF Early Childhood Equity Grants are now open! Apply by August 16th
Week of June 27, 2022
- 6/30/2022 Entrepreneur’s Roadmap Series: Communications – save the date for July 19!
- 6/28/2022 American Express-Main Street America Inclusive Backing Grant – more than $2.05 million in funds are available to eligible small business owners who identify as Native or Indigenous, Hispanic or Latinx, LGBTQ+ or as immigrants, refugees or forcibly displaced. Apply by June 30th!
- 6/27/2022 Child care providers: learn how some childcare programs are taking steps to improve indoor air quality to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Read more here
Week of June 20, 2022
- 6/23/2022 The Ready for Business Fund will issue $2,500 grants to small businesses owned by LGBTQ+ community members, people of color, and women in Washington state. Apply by June 26, 2022!
- 6/21/2022 The 2023 Explore Kirkland tourism grant application is open now through Monday, August 8!
Week of June 13, 2022
- 6/16/2022 2022 Women-Owned Business Pitch Contest is open! Apply by July 15th
- 6/14/2022 2022 Child Care Retention Payments are available to eligible child care staff in King County. Learn more & apply here
- 6/13/2022 Building for Equity: Cultural Facilities grant now open. Apply by July 29,2022
Week of June 6, 2022
- 6/10/2022 Looking for a business mentor? Several SCORE mentors in Greater Seattle provide mentoring in languages in addition to English, such as Arabic, French, Italian, and Spanish!
- 6/8/2022 Washington Festivals & Events Grant Webinar – join us on Thurs., June 16th
- 6/6/2022 Festivals and events grant – application opens 8am, June 8th!
Week of May 31, 2022
- 6/3/2022 In recognition of National Safety Month, check out Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) website for resources, workshops and trainings for employers and employees to learn more about workplace safety, worker’s compensation insurance and workers rights, as well as a Guide to Workplace Safety and Health in Washington State
- 6/1/2022 Information session on 2 new grant opportunities for WA state festivals and events – June 8!
Week of May 23, 2022
- 5/27/2022 Driving Small Business Forward grant program for Hispanic-identifying entrepreneurs – apply by June 17, 2022
- 5/25/2022 Child Care Complex Needs grant is open! Apply by June 21, 2022
- 5/24/2022 Eastside residents: looking for assistance finding your next job? Bellevue’s Mini City Hall and career navigation services can help!
Week of May 16, 2022
- 5/19/22 Working Washington Grants: Round 5 informational webinar – save the date for June 16th!
- 5/17/2022 Did you file an amended claim and want to check on your ERC filing status? Try calling the IRS payroll tax department: 800-829-4933. You can also monitor processing status in general here: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue
- 5/16/2022 New! Labor & Industries’ Early Return to Work Consultation (ERTWC) team assists employers and workers by helping remove barriers that prevent injured workers from maintaining employment. Schedule a no-cost consultation, and learn more here.
Week of May 9, 2022
- 5/13/2022 REMINDER! The COVID-19 EIDL portal will close on May 16, 2022. Borrowers should download their loan documents from the portal prior to this date
- 5/12/2022 A virtual Issaquah Job Fair is taking place on Thursday, May 19th! Businesses interested in participating: register here!
- 5/10/2022 Child care providers: learn more about DCYF grants at one of our upcoming Information Sessions – starting May 17
Week of May 2, 2022
- May 5, 2022 Join us for Workplace Dynamics and Organizational Culture – a new program on June 21!
- May 3, 2022 New grant opportunity available to build capacity + provide technical assistance to King County CBOs. Apply by 5 pm on May 10th
- May 2, 2022 It’s National Small Business Week! Take the time to focus on your small business by making an appointment with Shawn Palmer, our East King County Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Advisor: Shawnp@oneredmond.org / (425) 885-4014, Ext. 3.
Week of April 25, 2022
- April 29, 2022 Applications for the East King County Capacity Building Cohort is open! Apply by May 16, 2022
- April 28, 2022 REMINDER: Today is the deadline for nonprofits to register for GiveBIG! Register here
- April 26, 2022 Last week to sign up for sponsored 1:1 tax advising! Learn more & sign up
Week of April 18, 2022
- 4/22/2022 Wishing everyone a happy Earth Day!
- 4/20/2022 KKR Small Business Builders grant: women-led small businesses can apply for $10,000 in grant funding. Apply by April 22 3pm PST
- 4/19/2022 Early Giving starts today for GiveBIG! Get your pledge EARLY in to support your favorite nonprofit!
Week of April 11, 2022
- 4/15/2022 Small Business Relief grant program offered by the City of Kirkland – deadline extended to 5pm, April 21, 2022
- 4/12/2022 Registered for GiveBIG and looking for a 2nd pair of eyes to review your GiveBIG page? We’re offering a limited number of 1:1 appointments with a marketing/communications professional. Sign up here!
- 4/11/2022 The ReNew Washington Grant for arts & culture organizations is now open! Click here to learn more
Week of April 4, 2022
- 4/8/2022 Building owners/operators: put together an action plan for reducing risks from airborne viruses (US EPA)
- 4/5/2022 A new small business grant opportunity is available through the City of Kirkland – apply by 5 p.m. PST on April 14, 2022
- 4/4/2022 Office of U.S. Rep. Suzan DelBene is now accepting Fiscal Year 2023 Community Project Funding applications. Learn more & apply
Week of March 28, 2022
- 4/1/2022 Microsoft Nonprofit Grants Proposal – Microsoft offers technology discounts to nonprofits. Learn more
- 3/29/2022 Learn more & apply for the City of Bellevue’s Human Services Fund Grants. Application window closes April 28 at 4:30pm
- 3/28/2022 Register for our first Small Business Roundtable – April 26!
Week of March 21, 2022
- 3/25/2022 New RFP – WA Commerce seeking contractor to design & administer small business grant management portal. Deadline: 4/15/22
- 3/23/2022 GiveBIG Eastside Virtual Meetup – starting April 1, a new series for nonprofits interested in the GiveBIG fundraising campaign!
- 3/21/2022 New mask signage available from Public Health! Available in 13 languages. While the state mask mandate ended March 11, establishments can choose to set their own mask policy if they wish
Week of March 14, 2022
- 3/18/2022 The SBA recently announced that existing COVID EIDL borrowers have additional time to start their repayment. Learn more
- 3/16/2022 Learn more about GiveBIG Eastside and supporting eastside nonprofits!
- 3/14/2022 City of Covington Small Business Grants are still available! Learn more & apply
Week of March 7, 2022
- 3/11/22 Starting tomorrow, masks will no longer be required in most indoor public spaces in King County. King County is ending its local indoor mask order because hospitalizations and case numbers are declining and because of changes to CDC guidance, and high vaccination rates. Businesses can still choose to implement their own mask requirements. Please respect people’s choices to continue to wear a mask.
- 3/10/2022 Open call for artworks! More info & apply here. Application deadline March 11, 11:59 PM
- 3/9/2022 Licensed and FFN childcare providers: get help with your Childcare Stabilization Grant from the Imagine Institute! Sign up here
- 3/7/2022 Did you know that 1.1 million businesses (19.9%) in the U.S. were owned by women, according to the Census? Learn more about SBA events for women in business during Women’s History Month!
Week of February 28, 2022
- 3/4/2022 The application for the Child Care Minor Renovations Grant is now open. Pre-application questions due by April 19, 2022!
- 3/5/2022 The Say Yes! COVID Test portal now allows you to order up to 2 orders/household per month (while supplies last)
- 3/1/2022 The King County indoor mask order ends March 11, 2022. More information
- 2/28/2022 ReVive Washington Grant – eligible nonprofits apply by March 24, 2022
Week of February 21, 2022
- 2/24/2022 Join us for a GiveBIG informational session & learn how your nonprofit can use this fundraising platform – March 15!
- 2/22/2022 Applications for the 2022 Child Care Minor Renovations Grant will open on March 3, 2022. More info
Week of February 14, 2022
- 2/18/2022 State indoor mask requirements changing March 21. However, local jurisdictions can enact their own requirements. Current King County mask guidance
- 2/16/2022 King County’s vaccine verification policy will end as of March 1
- 2/15/2022 Nimble Grant – 2022 Cycle 3 now open (health equity)
- 2/14/2022 COVID Vaccine Hesitancy Grant – apply by Feb. 25
Week of February 7, 2022
- 2/11/2022 WA state will lift its outdoor mask mandate Feb.18; info on indoor mask mandate to come
- 2/9/2022 Washingtonians can order up to 5 COVID-19 rapid tests on www.sayyescovidhometest.org (portal recently reopened). Gov. Inslee also announced that the state will lift its outdoor mask mandate Feb. 18.
- 2/8/2022 The deadline to apply for Targeted EIDL Advance reevaluation is Feb. 15! More information here
Week of January 31, 2022
- 2/4/2022 Commerce grants for minor building renovations for licensed child care providers coming in March. Info session Feb. 28th. Register here
- 2/3/2021 Reach Customers Online with Google – new webinar on March 5!
- 2/2/2022 Are you a microbusinesses w/a Seattle address? The City of Seattle is offering free accounting and finance consulting services for microbusinesses (5 employees or fewer). Learn more
- 2/1/2022 Say Yes! COVID Test is open again with more free COVID-19 test kits for WA residents!
Week of January 24, 2022
- 1/28/2021 NEW! Seattle-based Capacity Building Cohort for nonprofits and community groups – apply by Feb. 21!
- 1/27/2022 Free N-95 masks are expected to be available from the federal government soon
- 1/26/2022 Learn more & sign up for no-cost tax advising! NEW
- 1/24/2022 BUILD Black Wealth Incubator Program – apply by Feb. 3!
Week of January 17, 2022
- 1/21/2022 Starting today, all Washington state residents can order rapid COVD-19 test by visiting https://www.sayyescovidhometest.org/. Additional at-home tests can also be ordered through the Federal Program https://www.covidtests.gov/
- 1/18/2022 NEW! Excited to launch our tax advising service for businesses with 10 or fewer employees! Learn more & sign up
- 1/17/2022 Order your free at-home COVID-19 tests here starting
Wednesday, Jan. 19!Tuesday, Jan. 18!
Week of January 10, 2021
- 1/14/2022 Reminder: check Public Health’s website for COVID-19 testing sites
- 1/12/2022 Deadline extended! WSMA Microenterprise Support Grant – apply by Jan. 18th
- 1/11/2022 New grant opportunity: 4Culture Recovery Fund for Individuals is for cultural producers. Apply by Feb 2nd
- 1/10/2022 New webinar! Grow with Google: Sell Online with E-Commerce Tools + Intro to Shopify – Jan. 15th
Week of January 4, 2021
- 1/5/2021 REMINDER: click here to find COVID-19 testing options in King County (Public Health Seattle & King County)
- 1/4/2021 Childcare providers: the UW and Public Health – Seattle & King County are offering free onsite COVID-19. Learn more here
Week of December 28, 2021
- 12/31/2021 Wishing everybody a happy and safe New Year! We look forward to seeing you in 2022.
- 12/30/2021 Reminder: the deadline to apply for T-Mobile Hometown Grant program’s winter round is tomorrow, Dec. 31!
- 12/28/21 Register for our next webinar! Tax Saving Moves to Make in the New Year – Jan. 18
Week of December 20, 2021
- 12/23/21 Two new grant opportunities through the WA State Microenterprise Association – apply by Jan. 14, 2022!
- 12/21/21 Public Health is distributing masks and PPE in Kent on Thurs., Dec. 23. RSVP by noon, Dec. 22 to reserve your package
- 12/20/21 FEMA community vaccination clinics are open in Federal Way and Auburn from Dec. 20 – Jan. 3. Clinics provide vaccines and boosters. Español (Spanish), دری (Dari) , Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), русский (Russian)
Week of December 13, 2021
- 12/16/2021 Attention small cities and nonprofits! The application window for T-Mobile Hometown Grant program’s winter round closes Dec. 31 NEW
- 12/15/2021 New grant opportunity to support developers of color and affordable housing. Apply here
- 12/13/2021 The Arc Artist Fellowship provides unrestricted $12,000 awards for King County artists. Learn more and apply by Dec. 15!
Week of December 6, 2021
- 12/10/2021 Reminder! The SBA strongly encourages submission of Supplemental Targeted Advance applications by today, December 10, 2021
- 12/9/2021 New funding: up to $10,000 available to help businesses access international markets and new customers NEW!
- 12/8/2021 Technical Assistance Provider Landscape survey – do you provide technical assistance to small businesses in Washington state? Washington Opportunity Network wants to hear from you!
- 12/7/2021 King County Small Business Mitigation Grants NEW!
Week of November 29, 2021
- 12/2/2021 Opportunity to join WA State Department of Commerce’s Small Business Resiliency Network! Nonprofit organizations serving historically disadvantaged communities – learn more here
- 11/30/2021 Reminder! Restaurants and bars with a seating capacity of 12 or less will be required to comply with the King County vaccination verification health order starting December 6.
Week of November 22, 2021
- 11/24/2021 Reminder! Starting Dec. 6, restaurants and bars with seating capacity of less than 12 will be required to comply with King County’s vaccine verification order. Helpful tools: required signage, toolkit, and training resources
- 11/22/21 It’s Thanksgiving week! Don’t forget about Small Business Saturday on Nov. 27 – let’s make it small business season, and and #shoplocal to support our small businesses.
Week of November 15, 2021
- 11/19/2021 Fast Break for Small Business – new grant opportunity for small businesses. Apply by Nov. 23!
- 11/17/2021 “Inclusive Backing” grant opportunity for small business owners with disabilities and/or those who identify as Asian, Asian American and/or Pacific Islander. Apply by Nov, 29!
- 11/16/2021 Questions about EIDL and need language support in Arabic? Contact Mohammed Akmoosh at email@example.com or 253-487-9704.
- 11/15/2021 Redmond Art Season Grant – applications due Nov. 29! NEW
Week of November 8, 2021
- 11/10/2021 Restaurants/food service businesses: King County is distributing no-cost PPE on Tues., Nov. 23. Sign up here
- 11/9/2021 City of Seattle – Small Business Stabilization Fund application extended to Nov. 14!
- 11/8/2021 King County Festivals & Events Grant Program – apply by Nov. 11! NEW
Week of November 1, 2021
- 11/4/2021 Vaccination mandate/weekly testing for companies with at least 100 employees starts Jan. 4, 2022. OSHA is offering compliance assistance to help businesses implement the standard: a webinar, FAQs and more
- 11/3/2021 Need help in Korean with EIDL? Contact Big Hug: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://pf.kakao.com/_NvfpK, 425-477-9242 (Mon-Fri 2-6pm). 자세한 내용이나 한국말 도움이 필요하시면 아래 연락처로 문의하면 된다. 전화: 425-477-9242 (월~금요일 오후 2시-6시), email@example.com, http://pf.kakao.com/_NvfpK NEW
- 11/2/2021 Need help navigating corporate law issues, like incorporation or contracts? Seattle Public Libraries & UW Law are offering no-cost legal consults on Nov. 8!
- 11/1/2021 The state’s residential eviction moratorium ended on Oct. 31. Learn about King County’s rental assistance program here. More resources here
Week of October 25, 2021
- 10/26/2021 Food Assistance Flexible Funding Grants – apply by Nov. 15 NEW
- 10/25/21 Do you have your vaccine verification sign? Download & print or find a pickup location!
Week of October 18, 2021
- 10/21/2021 Can’t download & print signage required by the new King County vaccine verification order? Print and pick up signs at no cost at one of these locations
- 10/20/2021 Small Business Relief Grants available to Renton-based businesses! Learn more
- 10/18/2021 Questions about King County’s vaccine verification order? Register for our webinar – Oct. 21
Week of October 11, 2021
- 10/15/2021 Questions about King County’s vaccine verification order? Register for our webinar – Oct. 21 NEW
- 10/12/2021 The Washington Filmworks funding application window opens Dec. 1! More information here
- 10/11/2021 Stay informed! Complying with the Vaccine Mandate: Meeting Venues & Hotels (hosted by Seattle Southside Chamber) – Oct. 12 NEW
Week of October 4, 2021
- 10/7/2021 New grant opportunities for King County arts & culture organizations. Apply by Nov. 5! NEW
- 10/6/2021 Download the new Vaccine Mandate Implementation Toolkit here! NEW
- 10/5/2021 Kirkland’s COVID-19 Commercial Rent Relief Program is live! Learn more & apply: www.kirklandwa.gov/business-help
- 10/4/2021 New webinar Wednesday, Oct. 6th! We’ll review commercial rental relief grant opportunities and The Comcast Rise Investment Fund, which provides monetary grants to help small businesses owned by people of color (POC)
Week of September 27, 2021
- 10/1/2021 The Comcast Rise Investment Fund is now open! The Fund provides monetary grants to help small businesses owned by people of color (POC) grow as they navigate the challenges of the pandemic. Learn more at our webinar on Oct. 6th!
- 9/30/2021 Did you know your business can request assistance on how to improve your ventilation and indoor air quality from Public Health Seattle & King County? Fill out this form to request a consult!
- 9/28/2021 Depending on income and household size, you may qualify for up to $4,500 in payment assistance towards your utility bill from Puget Sound Energy. Visit pse.com/help
- 9/27/2021 Join us! Preparing Your Workplace for the Winter – Sept. 30th NEW
Week of September 20, 2021
- 9/23/2021 The eviction moratorium in Washington state has been extended through Oct. 31. Read more
- 9/21/2021 Commercial rent relief grants now available to Bellevue small businesses & non-profits. Apply by Oct. 10, 2021. Learn more & apply here
- 9/20/2021 Visit King County’s new vaccine verification page for industry information, multilingual signage + more
Week of September 13, 2021
- 9/17/2021 Visit King County’s new vaccine verification page for industry information, multilingual signage + more
- 9/16/2021 IMPORTANT: Executive Dow Constantine announced a new local health order for King County to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test to enter certain venues as of October 25, 2021. Learn more on the Seattle Metro Chamber’s site here
- 9/15/2021 Join Eastside for All and partners this Friday for Equitable Economic Development, a virtual program to share local updates, learn about transformative models and identify opportunities for action
- 9/14/2021 Verizon Small Business Digital Ready – a no-cost program for small businesses. Participants who register and complete two courses or mentoring events eligible to apply for a $10,000 grant New
- 9/13/2021 Apply for Business Grants for Raising Up Black Businesses (R.U.B.B. Initiative) by Sept. 20! New
Week of September 6, 2021
- 9/7/2021 New grant opportunity! Applications for the Seattle Foundation’s Resilience Fund grant due by 5 PM Oct. 8, 2021
- 9/6/2021 Reminder: As of September 7 in King County, masks are required for everyone ages 5+ at outdoor events with 500 or more people
Week of August 30, 2021
Week of August 23, 2021
- 8/27/2021 Emergency Family Childcare Network Meeting – Aug. 31st, 7-8pm (Public Health Seattle & King County)
- 8/25/2021 Funding Still Available: SBA EIDL Program Update – join us for this webinar on Sept. 8th!
- 8/23/2021 Masks required in all indoor public settings regardless of vaccination status, starting Aug. 23. Read more here
Week of August 16, 2021
- 8/19/2021 New funding available to King County community-based organizations to ultimately increase COVID-19 vaccination rates. Learn more here
- 8/18/2021 A statewide indoor mask mandate (regardless of vaccination status) comes into effect Aug. 23, and educator vaccinations required by Oct. 18. Learn more here
- 8/17/2021 Are you a licensed family home childcare provider? You may be eligible for healthcare benefits beginning July 1, 2021
- 8/16/2021 New applications for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) will be accepted UNTIL Friday, August 20. The SBA is opening applications for the supplemental SVOG later this month (stay tuned!)
Week of August 10, 2021
- 8/11/2021 REMINDER: PPP loan borrowers of under $150k can apply for forgiveness *directly* through the SBA’s new portal (a simplified process). Check and see if your lender participates in this direct forgiveness!
- 8/10/2021 NEW support is available for families in King County to pay for childcare. Apply here
- 8/9/2021 Interested in leveraging Facebook to attract new customer but have questions? Join us for a Facebook Live event on Aug. 10 – with a Facebook small business expert!
Week of August 2, 2021
- 8/5/2021 New funding opportunity for aviation manufacturers! Learn more here – apply by Sept. 1
- 8/4/2021 Register today! Orientation to new tool that businesses can use to inform health policy – Thursday, 8/5
- 8/2/2021 Welcome Shawn Palmer, our new business advisor! Eastside small businesses: reach out to Shawn for complimentary advising at Shawnp@oneeastside.org
- 8/2/2021 REMINDER: New, simplified PPP forgiveness portal for borrowers with loans up of $150k or less. Lender must participate in the program. Portal opens August 4th!
Week of July 19, 2021
- 7/23/202 Public Health – Seattle & King County now recommends that all residents five years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, wear face coverings in indoor public settings
- 7/22/2021 Reminder: application deadline for the OSHA grant for health and safety training is July 26th! Details here
- 7/20/2021 WorkSource King County’s Hospitality and Customer Service Virtual Job Fair (Aug. 3) https://app.brazenconnect.com/events/Kd0E9?utm. Employers register through Christine Simpson Csimpson@esd.wa.gov
- 7/19/2021 Still time to register! Small Business Flex Fund webinar – Thurs. 7/22 @ 3pm
Week of July 12, 2021
- 7/16/2021 Apply for Bothell’s Pop-Up Retail Business Incubator by July 25 (need not be located in Bothell to apply!)
- 7/14/2021 New marketing grant opportunity for underrepresented businesses. Apply by August 31, 2021
- 7/13/2021 Reminder! ESD’s SharedWork program pays from 50 to 90% of your employees’ salaries if they are working 10 to 50% fewer hours, and is available until Sept. 4. An recent article by the Washington Hospitality Association notes that some businesses are using the program as a competitive hiring advantage.
- 7/12/2021 Still time to register! How To Successfully Prepare for Future Funding: Managing Your Cash Flow – Thurs., July 15 @ 2:30pm
Week of July 5, 2021
- 7/9/2021 New funding opportunity for small businesses in unincorporated King County – apply by August 4
- 7/7/2021 If you’re experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 and are dealing with housing instability, rental assistance is still available to eligible individuals through King County. If you need language assistance, please contact: 206-477-1331. Apply here!
Week of June 28, 2021
- 7/1/2021 New funding opportunity! The Small Business Flex Fund is designed to get financial support into the hands of Washington State’s smallest businesses and nonprofits
- 6/30/2021 Visit Safe Reopening, King County’s new reopening page, for guidance, as Washington state’s economy fully reopens today!
- 6/29/2021 King County’s mask directive ended today. This means that WA State mask guidance is now in effect: unvaccinated people need to continue wearing masks in indoor public spaces and crowded outdoor spaces
- 6/28/2021 New safe reopening webpage – starting June 30, WA is removing most COVID-19 restrictions. Learn what this means for individuals and businesses.
Week of June 22, 2021
- 6/25/2021 Governor Inslee has issued an eviction moratorium “bridge” from July 1-September 30.
- 6/24/21 New tool to help small businesses reopen safely and increase customer visits! Check out SmartWA, available in English, 中国人 (Chinese simplified) Español (Spanish), Français (French) 한국어 (Korean), Ngôn ngữ tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), and Tagalog
- 6/22/2021 Yesterday, Gov. Inslee rescinded the restriction that limited fees charged to restaurants by 3rd party delivery companies
Week of June 14, 2021
- 6/16/2021 Did you know? Businesses with public spaces are required to post a masking requirement at the entrance of their facility. More information here.
- 6/16/2021 King County’s Mask Directive lifts on June 29. After this happens, WA state mask guidance will be in effect in King County.
- 6/15/2021 Nonprofit resource! Did you know you can get help starting or managing your nonprofit at Redmond Library’s Nonprofit & Philanthropy Resource Center (NPRC)?
- 6/14/2021 As of June 11, some industries no longer need to follow additional guidance; they only need to follow COVID-19 workplace health and safety measures established by the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I). Read more here.
Week of June 7, 2021
- 6/9/2021 New program! Return to Work for Employers: Preparing the Workplace and Workforce – Thurs., June 17
- 6/7/2021 The Employee Tax Credit can be a game changer for small businesses, offering an opportunity to claim up to $33,000 per employee in 2020 and 2021! Read more in this OneEastside SPARK article.
Week of May 31, 2021
- 6/4/2021 Recovery Assistance Funds available to small- and medium-sized manufacturers through Impact Washington.
- 6/3/2021 Get vaccinated and get entered to win a “Shot of a Lifetime” giveaway series in June! All prizes drawn from the DOH immunization database to determine winners. All individuals who have been previously vaccinated are eligible. Read more here.
- 6/1/2021 What you need to know about King County’s Mask Directive for indoor spaces
Week of May 24, 2021
- 5/27/2021 PPP is still open, but you must apply through an approved lender by May 31. Find approved lenders here!
- 5/26/2021 Find out what social media platform is best for your business!
- 5/25/2021 Are you a King County tenant in need of rental assistance? Learn about funding available through King County’s EPRAP! US Citizenship not a requirement.
Week of May 17, 2021
- 5/21/2021 IMPORTANT! Updated state COVID-19 workplace safety guidance for vaccinated workers from L&I available here
- 5/18/2021 Wearing masks indoors still encouraged for all King County residents, fully vaccinated or not. Update on May 18 from Public Health – Seattle & King County on implementation of the CDC’s new mask guidance for vaccinated people
- 5/17/2021 REMINDER for arts-based organizations: apply by May 24, 2021 for Nonprofit Community Recovery Grants, administered by ArtsFund. Watch a recorded webinar with application insturctions here.
Week of May 10, 2021
- 5/13/2021 Inslee announces statewide reopening date of June 30, 2021
- 5/12/2021 Registration open! SBA Program Update – May 20, 2021
- 5/10/2021 New grant opportunity for non-profits supporting micro-enterprises! Deadline: May 12, 2021
- Support black owned businesses: Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle; Intentionalist
Week of May 5, 2021
- 5/7/2021 Registration open! Update on COVID-19 Related Tax Relief – May 12 @ 1pm
- 5/6/2021 Sign up for personal protective equipment (PPE) updates
- 5/5/2021 In E. King County and have PPP questions? Contact our WA SBDC advisor
- 5/4/2021 Inslee announces two-week pause on phases
- 5/3/2021 REMINDER: Restaurant Revitalization Fund is accepting applications! Apply here
Week of April 26, 2021
- 4/30/2021 New non-profit grant opportunity through ArtsFund! Application portal opens May 10, 2021
- 4/29/2021 Register today! Review of the Restaurant Revitalization Fund program – Friday, April 30 @ 8:30am
- 4/27/2021 IMPORTANT! Registration for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund starts April 30 @ 6am PDT. Applications open Monday, May 3 @ 9am PDT. Applications will be reviewed on a 1st come 1st served basis after the first 21 days, so register on the portal on April 30.
- 4/26/2021 Shuttered Venue Operators Grant opens today, April 26 @ 9am PDT. Pre-register and apply
Week of April 19, 2021
- 4/21/2021 Grant alert! Comcast RISE, supporting Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned small businesses. Apply by May 7, 2021
- 4/20/2021 In-home COVID-19 vaccinations available for those unable to leave their homes in King County. Details & schedule an appointment here
- 4/19/2021 View a sample funding application for the Restaurant Revitalization Program here, available in 17 languages
- Support black owned businesses: Intentionalist, Support Black Owned, Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle
- Important updates: Public Health Insider, Public Health – Seattle & King County, and Washington State Department of Health
- More news
Week of April 12, 2021
- 4/15/2021 All Washington state residents age 16+ now qualify for COVID-19 vaccines. Details and how to find an appointment here
- 4/14/2021 New grant opportunity for child care providers! Register for April 20 webinar to learn more here
- 4/13/2021 Schedule an appointment at the Eastside’s first COVID-19 mass vaccination site here
- 4/12/2021 Are you an agriculture business/organization? Applications are open for WSDA’s Relief and Recovery grants! Deadline: April 26, 2021. Details here
Week of April 5, 2021
- 4/9/2021 Show your “Redmond Love,” buy local, and keep warm while dining outdoors! Learn more
- 4/8/2021 Apply now for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant! Apply here; learn more here
- 4/7/2021 All King County residents age 16+ can sign up for vaccine appointment notifications in Seattle. Sign up here
- 4/6/2021 Applications open to participate in the Port of Seattle’s business accelerator for women-and minority-owned small businesses! Apply by May 15. Learn more
- 4/5/2021 Funding offered by GSBA for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Apply before April 9! Details here
Week of March 29, 2021
- 4/1/2021 View recording of the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant information session on 3/30 here
- 3/31/2021 Governor Inslee announced today that all Washington state adults age 16 and over will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine starting April 15. Read more here.
- 3/30/2021 Building ventilation is important. Learn more here.
- 3/29/21 Reminder: Application portal open for Working WA Grants Round 4! Details here. Register for informational webinar on April 2 here.
Week of March 22, 2021
- 3/24/21 New financial assistance program to help households quarantine is available. Details here.
- 3/23/21 Registration open! Updates on the $1.9T American Rescue Plan Act &
the $240M Working Washington 4 Grant Opportunity webinar – Thurs., March 25.
- 3/22/21 Washington state is now in Phase 3 of the state’s reopening plan. Find out what’s open here.
Week of March 15, 2021
- 3/19/2021 The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant application opens April 8! Info session March 30 (register here). Grant details here.
- 3/18/2021 Phase 3 guidance available for some industries, including restaurants and bars, in-store retail, and real estate. More information here. Phase 3 comes into effect March 22.
- 3/17/2021 Phase 1B2 of vaccine distribution begins today for high-risk critical workers and more. Details here.
- 3/16/2021 Updated guidance on outdoor seating for food establishments here (scroll midway down and click on #10).
Week of March 8, 2021
- 3/12/2021 Application portal for Round 4 of Working Washington Grants open March 29. Details here.
- 3/11/2021 Washington state moves to Phase 3 of its recovery plan on March 22! In addition, Phase 1B, Tier 2 vaccine eligibility starts March 17. Details here.
- 3/10/21 The Bellevue Chamber’s new Eastside Together Campaign showcases local businesses, events, and more. Share your events here.
- 3/9/2021 EvergreenHealth ranks in Newsweek’s top 200 hospitals in the U.S. for 2021.
- 3/8/2021 New funding opportunity for CDFIs and MDIs to support underserved communities. Details here.
Week of March 1, 2021
- 3/4/2021 Yesterday, the SBA released a new application & loan calculation formula for PPP loans for self-employed and gig workers. We’ll review this on today’s webinar.
- 3/3/2021 Ask the Experts PPP Webinar – Thursday, March 4. Register online!
- 3/3/2021 Vaccine eligibility guidelines now include educators and licensed childcare workers – details here.
- 3/2/2021 New guidance for sole proprietors applying for PPP! New rules allow you to use Schedule C Line 7 rather than Line 31 in calculating your loan amount. Those rules can’t be applied until AFTER the Interim Final Rule is published (hopefully in next few days). To take advantage of this new rule you MUST delay your application until the rule is published, or ask your loan disbursement to be delayed. More information: click here and see “Paycheck Protection Program Loans.”
- 3/1/2021 See if your business is potentially eligible for a Targeted EIDL Advance! Mapping tool here.
Week of February 22, 2021
- 2/24/2021 Additional PPP webinar on 2/25 for *childcare providers.* Register here.
- 2/23/2021 New PPP updates! A 14 day application period exclusively for small businesses & nonprofits w/fewer than 20 employees starts Feb, 24. More here.
- 2/22/2021 New webinar: Don’t Miss Out on This Round of Forgivable PPP Loan Funding – Feb. 25. Register here.
- 2/22/2021 Governor Inslee has extended the state eviction moratorium through March 31, 2021. Read the full proclamation here.
Week of February 15, 2021
- 2/19/2021 Governor Inslee signed the Economic Relief Early Action bill today, which includes funding for small business grants. Read the Patch article here.
- 2/17/21 City of Issaquah Business Recovery Grants – apply by March 8. More information here.
- 2/16/21 “The ‘real angels’ helping others find and make ultraelusive COVID-19 vaccine appointments in Washington state” (February 13, 2021, The Seattle Times).
Week of February 8, 2021
- 2/12/2021 The Umpqua Bank Charitable Foundation is offering a new grant opportunity for non-profits. More information here.
- 2/11/2021 Small businesses and non-profits: check out SmallBizHelpWA.com, a new resource hub.
- 2/9/2021 Register today! Navigating updates to EIDL, Targeted EDL Advance and new Shuttered Venue Operators Grant – Feb. 11.
- 2/8/2021 Apply for LISC Small Business Grants by Feb. 9. Entrepreneurs of color and women- and veteran-owned businesses are prioritized.
Week of February 1, 2021
- 2/4/2021 Governor Inslee has released additional Phase 1 and 2 requirements for events, weddings, and funerals.
- 2/2/2021 2020 Tax Update: How the EIDL, PPP, ERTC, PUA and Regional Grants will Affect Your Taxes – Thurs., Feb. 4 2021. Register here.
- 2/1/2021 King County is now in Phase 2 of Healthy Washington, the state’s reopening plan. View the latest sector guidance here.
Week of January 25, 2021
- 1/22/21 All eight regions in Washington state will remain in Phase 1 until at least Monday, Feb. 1, 2021. Details here.
- 1/29/2021 King County moves to Phase 2 on Monday, Feb. 1. The county is hosting a virtual meeting on Feb. 1 to go over questions; details here.
- 1/28/2021 New funding opportunities available! More information under “Coronavirus CESF Requests for Proposal.”
- 1/26/2021 Register for tomorrow’s webinar on navigating updated PPP loan forgiveness process.
- 1/25/2021 Check out Comcast’s RISE program: supporting Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned small businesses.
- 1/25/2021 Free safety supplies for bars and restaurants via King County’s SSTAR program! Distribution schedule here.
Week of January 18, 2021
- 1/22/21 All eight regions in Washington state will remain in Phase 1 until at least Monday, Feb. 1, 2021. Details here.
- 1/19/2021 New webinar: Funding Available Under the Economic Aid Act on Jan. 21. Register here.
- 1/18/2021 Starbucks Community Resilience Fund will invest $100 million to advance racial equity and environmental resilience. Details here.
- 1/18/2021 Gov. Inslee announced an updated plan to increase vaccinations and establish mass vaccination infrastructure. More here.
Week of January 11, 2021
- 1/15/21 The WA State Department of Health announced that all eight regions in the state will remain in Phase 1 until at least Monday, January 25, 2021. Details here.
- 1/15/21 View new Phase 1 reopening guidelines for King County businesses.
- 1/14/21 The COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) application deadline has been extended through 2021. Details and apply here.
- 1/13/2021 PPP loans reopens to all lenders Tuesday, January 19. More information and apply here.
- 1/11/2021 WA SBDC provides training for small businesses, including application instructions for the newest round of PPP loans. See programs listed here.
Week of January 4, 2021
- 1/8/2021 The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) will re-open the week of January 11 for new borrowers and certain existing PPP borrowers. Read more here.
- 1/7/2021 Governor Inslee announced “Healthy Washington” on Tuesday, a new phased reopening plan for Washington state. The plan will come into effect on January 11.
- 1/5/2021 Feel encouraged to fill out the COVID-19 Business Impact Survey, an effort of King County and partners to assess the economic impacts of COVID-19.
- 1/4/2021 Registration open! City of Bellevue’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit 2021.
Week of December 28, 2020
- 12/31/20 The SBA’s “Recovery Hub” offers help and resources to sustain your small business.
- 12/30/20 COVID-19 related restrictions put in place in November now extended until Jan. 11, 2021. Details here.
- 12/28/20 A new round of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans is coming soon. Please stay tuned!
Week of December 14, 2020
- 12/14/20 Buy local for the holidays! Bellwether Winter Market, Downtown Bellevue Gift Guide, #BuyRedmond, Shop Local Kirkland, Keep it Local Seattle
Week of December 7, 2020
- 12/10/20 Bellwether Winter Market now live!
- 12/9/2020 New economic support available, and business restrictions extended until Jan. 2. More information here.
- 12/7/20 Apply by Dec. 11 for the Working Washington Grant Round 3! SBDC’s webinar here. Slides, Quick Tips, FAQ.
Week of November 30, 2020
- 12/1/20 Working WA Business Grant Round 3 applications open this week
- 11/30/2020 WA Notify is live – an anonymous exposure notification tool to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in Washington state
Week of November 23, 2020
- 11/24/20 L&I provides free, on-site health and safety consultations for Washington state businesses
- 11/23/20 Application deadline for Redmond Small Business Resiliency Grant Phase II and Winterization Reimbursement Program
Week of November 16, 2020
- 11/20/20 City Winterization Guides from City of Redmond and City of Bellevue
- 11/19/20 Governor Inslee caps third-party delivery fees to help restaurants
- 11/18/20 Grants: Redmond Small Business Resiliency Grant Phase II and Winterization Reimbursement Program